CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 10, 2007

Post One. Not Day One.

I knew I wanted to have lapband surgery--definitely knew--in July of 2007. How many times can one woman lose and gain the same 60lbs, huh? To cut to the chase, without using flowery euphemisms or delicate, exotic prose, I am obese. In a more subtle and sexy manner of speaking, I am a rockin' big, beautiful woman.

I am fat. I am also phat. But to be fat and phat could eventually leave me being phat and dead. Dead is not an issue. I have too many great loves to leave behind. My husband, my daughter. My characters. The miniature dachshund! Love is worth fighting for and worth fighting against a growing tide of ill-health for. One of my great loves needed to leave. I chose F O O D.

I have long been a low-carb proponent. Giving up starchy foods such as bread, pasts, spuds and rice to be successful after having a lapband surgery isn't that big of a deal to me. All right...I like bread. I love bread. But I gave it up long ago for Lent. Even though I'm not Catholic and I did not end my fast in celebration of Easter. My second coming is at hand, however.

I am having lapband surgery on September 19, 2007. I've been hiding behind several layers of fat for some time. No longer. In the immortal words of The Terminator: I'll be back.

Darragha is coming back. To the world. To airline seats. Booths in restaurants. Clothing off the rack at Value Village.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon--

Darr

N O T E: I would like to take this forum to publicly thank my parents and step-parents for their financial support for the lapband surgery.


826 calories consumed today
zero exercise
that bites

must try harder tomorrow

0 comments: