CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another day...8/11/07

I walked today. I took a total of 2500 steps during a 30 minute walk through a nature area. Of course, this is the same nature area where my husband and I wet 17 years ago.

I sweat. I panted. I got to play kissy-face on the bridge where the vows were read.

I ate about 900 calories today and avoided writing. And here I even had a "sign and wonder" appear to me that I should be writing!

I'm driving home from dropping the daughter off at her babysitting job tonight, returning to an empty house and I'm thinking, "I don't wanna write. (I've written myself into a corner). It sucks (because I've written myself into a corner). It's never going to work (because I've written myself into a corner). The Orca King, II is as lame as the first story! (TOK has been my biggest seller). Why did I ever pick albino deer? (Don't ask)."

And right then what do I then need to stop for? A deer. It popped out from the bushes, stood in the road looking at me for a moment, then bounded away into the bushes on the other side.

A sign, perhaps? A reminder from the gods to go home and write and not allow the demons of self-depreciation to bite me on the ass?

I'm writing. I guess I take it as a sign.

0 comments: