CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The end of steak...

Sunday I made carne asada for dinner. Thin slices of beef spiced with "Mexican" flavorings. Yummo.

I had one bite--and it was a small bite--I chewed. I chewed some more and I swallowed. It got stuck.

I had a golf ball in my chest for 24 hours. Right when I knew I was "stuck" and the "slimes" started, I did try to get it to come back up, but it wouldn't. I was miserable for 24 hours until that little morsel of steak finally went down. I drank some acidic juice in little sips to break down the meat and was able to eat some oatmeal on Monday. By the time the food passed my band at 7:00 p.m., I was ravenous. I ate a couple pieces of string cheese and went to bed.

The fill nurse told me to "eat foods that will stay above my band for awhile." I don't think she meant 24 hours of time above my band.

I ate some steamed garbanzo beans and tomatoes w/ black pepper and a little Parmesan cheese this morning for breakfast. About 1 cup. I can tell they are sitting "above my band" but hopefully not for 24 hours.

The "golf ball" thing hurts and I am going to miss steak! Oh, well. I'd rather have my band be my best friend than a steak.

Darr

0 comments: