CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another NSV (non scale victory)

I did something yesterday I have not done in...forever.

It was a dark and stormy night.
And I'm not kidding. The weather was most foul. Cold, cold, cold, biting hard rain and wind. We took the kids (the daughter and her boyfriend) to a movie last night, deciding to have dinner at a Mexican place first. I was looking forward to carne asada or some kind of soup. I had already prepared my "no rice no chips" mindset. The wait would have been too long, so we decided to head up the street (about 2-3 blocks) to Round Table Pizza.

Somehow, by the grace of the weight I've lost and my ever-increasing ability to walk upright, I literally dashed up the street. I did not waddle. I did not amble. I did not whine and ask my husband to get the car. My ankles did not hurt. My hips did not hurt. I felt so good pushing through that nasty weather I actually felt like running. Holy cr*p! I WANTED to run!

I could hear my daughter and husband behind me going, "Mom's running! Look at mom go!" I made it into the restaurant before any of them. My husband was so proud of me he gave me a hug and let me catch my breath in his arms. It took only a few moments for my body to return to normal (no hard breaths, racing heart) and I made it through the dinner eating a personal-size extra crispy crust chicken garlic pizza. Comparing my itty bitty four pieces of pizza to "regular" size pizza slices, I think I had about 1.75 slices. Nothing got stuck. I had no trouble because I CHEWED and took little bites.

I had a huge snack at the theater. Three Milkduds. Not a whole box. Not two boxes. Three. And I was done. It was wonderful to taste a little chocolate and caramel again. A little goes a long way!

Saw "30 Days of Night." Both the daughter and I are hankering for more back story on the vampires. They were wicked little beasties!

Darr

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Darragha, with every one of your triumphs, I feel such pride and happiness for you!! Keeping the good thoughts headed your way...