CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

A second trip to the filling station

I have now 5cc in my 14cc band. It took three pokes, too. My "port" apparently has a "bubble" around it which my body will "absorb" eventually. Ewwwww...

I'm on soft foods for a few days. The nurse gave me some input into my difficulties eating meat. Use sauce! A little gravy. A little BBQ sauce. A dash of ketchup. Anything to help smooth the protein down my gullet.

My hormones have been totally whack lately, and she says that is also a normal reaction to being banded. Hooray.

She said once I start losing belly fat (Oh, God...please...) my port will be easier to find and I won't have to endure so many needle sticks to find the little sucker.

My clothing is getting large--though I've lost only 37lbs.

Today, I get to have the rare treat of smashed potatoes for lunch! I generally avoid spuds, corn, bread, rice and pasta. But today is a "soft foods" day. Such a treat. Oy vey.

Darr :)

0 comments: